Subject: Re: [Leica] Neopan 1600 as 800
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 21:32:50 -0800

On 1/30/04 6:10 PM, "Slobodan Dimitrov" <s.dimitrov@charter.net> wrote:

> That's also been my experience with this film. Even at 1000 it lacks that
> extra sparkle. But at 800 it even makes fluorescent tubing look like glamour
> lighting.
> S. Dimitrov
>
> ----------
>> From: "animal" <s.jessurun95@chello.nl>
>> To: <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
>> Subject: [Leica] Neopan 1600 as 800
>> Date: Fri, Jan 30, 2004, 12:57 PM
>>

>> After reading about true speeds of high speed films tried Neopan 1600 at
>> 800.
>> Also my back has recovered so tried the 560 6.8 for a walk around town.
>> Exposure was 1/90 th at 6.8  .
>> Best regards
>> simon jessurun
>>
>> http://www.leica-gallery.net/apekop/folder-6004.html
>>
>> --
I get full shadow detail with Neopan 1600 AT 1600 with Rodinal at various
dilutions, other developers and most recently Xtol 1:3.
I have found Fuji to never lie about their film speeds. I think they got
Kodak also doing the same finally.
Kodak Tmax P3200 I've found to be 1600 and as the P stands for push I think
that means push one stop so they would not lying. You just have to be
psychic.
Delta 3200 unexpectly from my experience is a tall tale not even weighting
in at 1600 with the developers I've used. I tend not to use the developers
which jack your film speed up a bit like Acufine and the Tmax developer. I
think they give stinky tonality and are not worth the jack up. Lots of
people get Tmax P3200 at 3200 with full shadow speed with that developer. I
donšt think its worth it.
I get 1200 with the Delta 3200 but I bet with that developer or Acufine I'd
get at least 1600 if not more. 3200 though I'd not hope for. How great to be
able to shoot medium format hand held at those speeds!

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland, Oregon
http://rabinergroup.com/Catagorypages/PersonalWork.html