Subject: [Leica] MP vs. M7
From: "Eric Ertman" <emertrice@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 17:06:59 +0100

After having gone full circle,starting off with an M6 and gone through
Nikons and Canons, age is making me come back to my senses. The time has
come for an M7 or MP. I've hanled (fondled) the M7 but have not had the
opportunity to do the same with an MP. Technically the choice is tough
enough, as I do appreciate the mechanical simplicity of the MP, so from a
selfish point of view this might be the Leica of my dreams. I do however
take a considerable amount of pictures of my young children during play
where the AE of the M7 would be a godsend. What I would like to hear from
those of you who know both cameras, is the MP the beauty that it is made out
to be (a la M3) or is it more a marketing gimmick than anything else? How
are the MP's sales going so far? Is it more a collectors camera than an
instrument for pros?

Would appreciate any kind of input concerning M7 vs MP.

Eric Ertman
Tangengate 11
4950 Risør
Norway