Subject: [Leica] Re: MP vs. M7
From: "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 11:48:24 -0600

Eric:

> I do however
>take a considerable amount of pictures of my young children during play
>where the AE of the M7 would be a godsend.

In my mind, the main difference is that the M7 has AE and an
electronically-controlled shutter, whereas the MP has neither.  This means
that the MP doesn't need a battery to take pictures.  The M7 does.

I recently experienced my M6TTL having temporary battery failure from the
temperature.  It was too cold for the battery to operate normally and/or the
battery was getting ready to die, anyway.  I'm glad that my Leica is
battery-optional.

Eric

Replies: Reply from Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] Re: MP vs. M7)