Subject: [Leica] Re: PayPal rant
From: "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 04:49:59 -0600

Chris:

>but I always, always take $$$ out of my Paypal account once I
>receive the money sent.

That was our plan, too.  My wife has sold odds and ends to the tune of $500
or so over the past few years.  Never a problem with PayPal.  Never more
than a hundred bucks in the account at a given time.  They've cut us checks
and sent them without a hitch.

An hour or so after my first lens sold and we had $400 in the account, we
tried to withdraw.  That's when it was frozen.  I figured that it must be a
mistake, and that there was no reason to inconvenience the person who bought
my lens.  After all, I had agreed to accept PayPal.  In hind sight, I should
have told him the deal was off and I would no longer accept PayPal.

I've heard on the news about PayPal.  But I've never known anybody that this
happened to.  Yeah, yeah.  I know.  But we weren't leaving the money in.
And we had had no problems getting money out before.  They didn't have
access to our bank account.  I thought I was being safe.  That's one of the
reasons I posted here.

Oh, well.  In the grand scheme of things, it's only money and it's not going
to make me miss a house payment.  Just delay getting a new toy.

Eric

Replies: Reply from John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] Re: PayPal rant)
Message from "Christopher Williams" <leicachris@worldnet.att.net> (Re: [Leica] PayPal rant)