Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Terminal something or other
From: Eric Welch <eric@jphotog.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 16:54:00 -0800

Those people don't get it. The best photos technically come from the
best exposed and focused photos. Technically. But the idea that you can
take a video camera to a scene and not be able to miss the decisive
moment (let's not get sidetracked by debating angels on Cartier-Bresson
pinheads) only shows a lack of understanding on what it takes to get
those decisive moments. It's not just being in the room or on the
street. It's knowing when to be and which way to point the camera. And
that's a thousand times harder than the rest of the process.

Eric Welch
Carlsbad, CA
http://www.jphotog.com

"A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is still
putting on its shoes."
- -- Samuel Clemens (Mark Twain)