Subject: [Leica] M3 TTL?
From: "Emanuel Lowi" <mano@vif.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2004 07:51:06 -0500

"1) Has anyone modified an M3 to add an M6 meter (I actually don't care
about TTL flash, just the plain old M6 type meter)? I am thinking that
this might be the cheapest way to get an MP."

Indeed, I spent the better part of three years researching this conversion and
finally succeeded in getting it done. I may just as well have spent my time
converting a Shiite to Pentecostalism.

Back to the camera. A wonderful thing resulted, but I would not recommend it as "the
cheapest way to get an MP." The advantages of the M3 rangefinder are there in all
their glory. But I now prefer the 3-diode MP/M6TTL metering system, which is far too
elaborate to shoehorn into a body together with the M3 rangefinder.

Emanuel Lowi
Montreal