Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Scanner advice wanted
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2004 10:05:27 -0500

At 07:02 AM 2/5/2004 +0100, you wrote:
> > I have several thousand B&W negatives to scan, mostly in 6 frame strips and
> > rolls. Can anyone recommend a decent film scanner with a Firewire or
> USB input
> > for my Mac computer?
> >
> > Larry Z

Larry -

The fastest way to scan them would be to mount them in individual slide
mounts and use the bulk slide feeder for the Nikon LS4000.  You do have to
invest the time for mounting them, but that takes about 4 seconds a frame,
then you can load 50 at a time into the feeder and walk away to mount
more.  Once you have them in slide mounts, you can file them in individual
hanging slide pages in a filing cabinet.  You can edit out the bad ones and
file the rest by subject.  I'm working my way through over 500,000
negatives and slides that way.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
www.tinamanley.com