Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Scanner advice wanted
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2004 11:14:01 -0500

At 08:52 AM 2/5/2004 -0700, you wrote:

>Hope this helps. I'd be interested in how others do it.
>
>Adam

Adam -

I file everything by country and then by subject, then by
location.  61949-12412 means Honduras (619), Children (49), located on the
124th slide page in slot 12.  The actual slides or negatives are located in
hanging slide pages in lateral file cabinets.  I'm working on getting them
all scanned and burned to DVDs.  Digital files are filed by country,
subject, and date in the same format.  Digital files are stored in an
external hard drive until each category contains enough files to fill a
DVD.  Then I burn them to two DVDs which I store in different locations. I
use Portfolio, too, with catalogues for each country/subject
category.  This system works great for instantly locating anything that is
requested by my stock agencies.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
www.tinamanley.com