Subject: Re: [Leica] Digital in low light
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2004 10:10:51 -0500

At 11:09 PM 2/4/2004 -0800, you wrote:
>Hey Tina,
>
>I seem to remember you using a Digilux 1. Did you trade it in for the 10D?
>Or do you use them in tandem? Are you thinking of getting the Digilux 2?
>I'm curious to get your opinion on both cameras. I know many folks have
>said the Digilux 2 is vastly overpriced next to cameras more capable, and
>I tend to agree, but  for me nothing is more comfortable than shooting
>with an M and the Digilux 2 sure does look like an M. I'm sure the 10D
>offers a helluva lot more, and I'm seriously considering it or whatever
>Canon comes out with at PMA, but I really want to see how the Digilux
>feels and handles.
>
>By the way, I can't seem to find anything on the archives about the
>Digilux 2, so can somebody give me a realistic idea of the size print its
>5 megapixels will produce? At high quality, that is.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>Craig

Craig -

I use them both.  The Digilux is the point and shoot that I carry
everywhere and the Canon is my working camera.  I agree with everybody else
that the Digilux 2 is too little, too late, for too much money, but I would
like to try one out.  I'll get the digital back for the R8 when it comes
out, but I'd like to have a 1:1 digital camera like the Canon 1Ds, too.

5 megapixels is plenty for an 11x14 print.  I've done many of them.  You
can go larger if you use an interpolation program like Genuine
Fractals.  My stock agencies won't take submissions from the 5 megapixel
cameras unless you know how to enlarge them without detection ;-)

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
www.tinamanley.com

http://www.pdiphotos.com