Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Digital M
From: RUBEN BLĘDEL <ruben@rhodos.dk>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2004 18:36:49 +0100

Land Rover - Jaguar - Volvo - three companies that has been known to
make cars rather different to the mainstreamcar products have all been
taken over by Ford and the still make very good cars and their cars
still look different from Fords productline- nothing beats image of the
Range Rover in high end offroading with "manor-house" style or the Jag
as luxury sporting  limo or the Volvo as multipurpose and very safe
family car - so What would happen if Leica found a similar partner -
someone who equipped Leicas with ccd's or cmos's and software but let
the styling and built quality of the housing and especially the glass be
up to Leica - The product would still be so expensive that it would not
really be a competitor to their main camera products  - Canon could do a
thing like that and would on 24 x 36 be even more superior with a
puchase of Leica as they have their own developement/research etc of
Cmos etc. well just a thought - no panic