Subject: Re: [Leica] 400/560 Extension Tube
From: Doug Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 18:04:31 -0800

on 2/20/04 5:30 PM, Frank Filippone at red735i@earthlink.net wrote:

> Doug.. would you like to buy a 14182 tube?  New.
>
> About $175....
>
> It IS more $$$ than your present solution, but I thought I would ask.....
>
> Frank Filippone
> red735i@earthlink.net

I have a couple of 'em, thanks anyway.  My search for a user 14198 is for
more universal use.  I have a 14256 that I've modified to fit the
Leicaflexes, but it requires stop-down metering with the 'flexes.  I also
have an old 14198 w/o any guts that I use as a dumb extension tube for any
lens, but it's manual EVERYTHING.  I want an extension tube for my
auto-diaphragm lenses (60, 100, 280) that will allow full-aperture metering
with SL, SL2 and R bodies.  The 14198 will do this if I remove the collar
that covers the 60's aperture ring.  The only quirk is that I have to
remember to set the lens to its minimum aperture and use the aperture ring
on the 14198.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com