Subject: [Leica] Re: Wedding CDs
From: LRZeitlin@aol.com
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2004 10:27:13 EST

In a message dated 2/21/04 9:55:33 AM, Jim writes:

<< Where are you located? Those prices are on the high end. Lately I've

seen rates in the Boston area from $750 to $3,000 and up.  The low gets

you a CF card's worth of printable images on a CD.  >>

Wedding CDs. Now that's a great idea. I haven't seen it advertised in my area
because, I suppose, the bulk of the profit is in albums and formal display
prints. When we married off our daughters, I scanned the best of the available
prints along with my own digital photos into a CD. One daughter duplicated the
entire CD to send to members of the wedding party. The other prepared a video
slide show to view on TV whenever the urge came upon her (usually after
diapering #1 grandchild). The wedding albums of both are gathering dust in some
closet.

So if you want to keep wedding photography costs reasonable, crank up that
digital camera, preferably a Digilux, and snap away. Edit the best shots in
Photoshop and burn a CD in hi-res JPEG format. At 39 cents each, you can
distribute them like confetti. Anyone who receives the CD can get hard copy prints of
their favorite shots at WalMart.

Isn't modern technology wonderful?

Larry Z