Subject: Re: [Leica] scanning dark scala question
From: Nathan Wajsman <n.wajsman@chello.nl>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 07:41:49 +0100

Hi Simon,

I don't know which scanner you have, but my experience with my Nikon LS
2000 is that underexposed (i.e. dark) Scala is the most difficult film
for the scanner to deal with. In general, I find that this scanner likes
slides that are on the "thin" side, i.e. somewhat more exposure than one
would ordinarily want. The problem is especially acute with Scala. I am
pretty sure you get the same issue with other film scanners, and I am
afraid there is not much you can do about it.

Nathan