Subject: Re: [Leica] A Grudging Concession to Digital, Made With Regret
From: Marc James Small <msmall@infionline.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 19:32:12 -0500

At 03:56 AM 2/25/04 -0500, Dan C wrote:
>Just think of what the results will be when you use a better scanner and
>printer.

Thanks, Dan, for a most thoughtful post.  The truth is that I am astonished
at the results I am getting from an inexpensive scanner and mid-range
printer.  I do not want to find myself so committed to digital that I have
to spent $12,000 every six months to upgrade my scanner and printer just to
stay current.  I have normally been satisfied with the purchase of used
Leica lenses, and I will probably continue to buy technology from the last
generation.  Darkrrom technology pretty much settled out before the Second
World War, and the advances after that were incremental, as in the change
from normal enlarging lenses to APO models.  Once digital reaches a similar
position of stability, if it does during my lifetime, I will be more
interested in purchasing new and top-of-the-line gear.

Marc

msmall@infionline.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bąs fir gun ghrąs fir!

Replies: Reply from Marc James Small <msmall@infionline.net> (Re: [Leica] A Grudging Concession to Digital, Made With Regret)