Subject: RE: [Leica] Embedded Brit journalists will receive Iraq Campaign medal
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 10:06:19 -0500

I assume you are absolutely correct on this one, Marc, and I am wrong.
First, I wasn't defending showing a planned route on camera, any more
than I would have defended it when that putz Jerry Rivers did it on Fox
during the recent Iraq Invasion.

But...Given the Vietnamese success in ambushing patrols during that
conflict, I would guess that the Vietnamese hanging around the U.S.
bases and camps - to say nothing of some members of the South Vietnamese
military - were a much more serious threat to U.S. troops than was the
occasional journalistic security lapse.

B. D.