Subject: RE: [Leica] OT Digital question
From: "Bill" <woc2@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 23:29:55 -0500

B D,
  I never got any free equipment from Olympus :->  but I currently have the
Stylus 400 (a disappointment after owning film based Stylus for years), the
5050 and the E10 in question.
  The 5050 does not seem up to the level of the E10 even though it is a 5mp.
I will admit not having done a direct test, perhaps I should......
  We had looked into moving to the E20 a while back but that will not solve
the current issue.
  Quite agree with the lag comments but again, we are dealing with She Who
Must Be Obeyed and although she has her own Nikon outfit and has been taking
very nice photographs for decades, she has never warmed up to the M outfits
I have introduced into the household, from CLs to 6s to the current 7.
Besides once you add a few lenses to the bag she is back to the same problem
anyhow.
  It very will could be that what she wants does not yet exist, or it does
and it's the Digilux 2 or it's Panasonic sister.  Perhaps the answer will be
to actually try some of the recommend cameras and let her make her own
decision.

Thanks to the others that answered as well. I made a folder of responses to
assist.

Bill