Subject: RE: [Leica] epson3200 scanner question
From: Daniel Ridings <daniel.ridings@muspro.uio.no>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 16:42:43 +0100 (MET)

> Daniel Ridings wrote, in part:
> > It's cheaper to let a professional service do those really
> > high quality scans when I need them which isn't so terribly
> > often for medium format).
>
> I find this somewhat paradoxical.  I shoot the larger format
> precisely because of a desire for higher quality.   I would
> assume that you would want all your successful medium format
> shots scan at the highest quality possible (and affordable).

I tend to use the darkroom for medium format prints. Just works out that
way.

Even so ... a professional can scan an awful lot of negatives or slides
before I'm up around the money that it would cost me to acquire the same
quality scanner. I'm not talking about dedicated film scanners, but drum
scanners.

Daniel