Subject: Re: [Leica] Re:Adjustable eyeglasses
From: rclompus@cox.net
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 15:47:25 -0500

Larry,

Keep in mind the lenses are set to be focussed for the clearest image and then the adjustment mechanism is sealed.  Then it cannot be changed by the patient who is  not capable of making the adjustment.  The image is not as clear as a ground lens.

It sounds like you need a progressive lens (no-line bifocal) that provides clear vision distance, intermediate and near without lines or image jump.  The new DEFINITY progressive lens from J&J uses a progressive optic on the front and back providing unparalleled clarity.  I should know - I'm the Vice-president of professional affairs within Johnson & Johnson Vision Care.  I have some vested interest in this area.  Check out www.defintity.com

Richard Clompus, OD