Subject: Re: [Leica] Alternative to Digi2: G5 or C5060?
From: Bob Adler <rgacpa@pacbell.net>
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2004 16:57:54 -0800 (PST)

Stan,
I have the G5. It does RAW and TIFF. Photoshop CS
supports the RAW and is great. The 2.0 lens is also
useful for low light. The output is very acceptable to
me. Shutter lag is not a problem; you just have to
focus first. It has two custom setting, one of which I
have set for infinite focus manually, so there's no
waiting. I think I saw on a post earlier this week
that Ted Grant has one and uses it successfully to
capture his grandchild's basketball endeavors. If I'm
wrong, forgive me Ted.

I'm very please with the camera's electronics, optics,
and output for what I use it for.

I do prefer the solid feel and wonderful sound of my
M's however :-)
Bob