Subject: Re: [Leica] epson digital RF report pages
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@mac.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 10:43:27 -0700

On Friday, March 12, 2004 Ted Grant thoughtfully wrote:

>Over the past few years I've watched wire service photographers, while I'm
>shooting film with Leica's,  sending pictures or their electronically
>recorded images before an Opening ceremonies at the Olympics or other
>international sport events as the athletes are still marching on the field.
>
>It's this instantaneous "use of the work" that blows film right out of the
>water.
>
>And there are innumerable situations where digital has made the difference
>in using photography as fast as it's required for it's instantaneous
>recording, sending ability, film can not do..

There are some really interesting comments over at Digital Journalist about this
issue and some others relevent to our discussions.

About film and digital and it's meaning for photojournalists:

"We're Screwed" By James Colburn:
<http://www.digitaljournalist.org/issue0403/colburn.html>

And there is Dirck Halstead's comments about PMA. Be sure to scroll down to the
very end of the article where he discusses the Lecia DII.

<http://www.digitaljournalist.org/issue0403/halstead.html>

Darn, there was another article in last month's issue that's really relevent
here also but I can't get to it because of the site design. Oh well.

Adam

Replies: Reply from Dan C <leicaman@sympatico.ca> (Re: [Leica] epson digital RF report pages)
Reply from Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] epson digital RF report pages)