Subject: [Leica] Yes, I am pathetic: more Epson R-D1 info
From: "Richard F. Man" <richard-lists@imagecraft.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 01:14:20 -0800

Yea yea, I know, I should be taking pictures, or at least printing them... but

http://www.i-love-epson.co.jp/products/rd1/rd11.htm

Babelfish does a pretty good translation - more factoids - die cast
aluminum body with magnesium alloy shell. It also mentions in multiple
places that power consumption is being held very low.

Recap yummy features:
- - Use of Analog meters - 4 functions at a glance
- - Creative uses of wind lever (shutter cocking) and rewind crank (jog dial)
- - 1x viewfinder
- - B&W modes with color filters
- - RAW mode (buffer size unknown)
- - Size slightly larger than a Bessa R2, and presumably a Leica M3/4/6/7,
but much smaller than any other DSLRs.

You can download a product PDF, in Japanese of course :-(

use richard@imagecraft.com)

Replies: Reply from Peter Dzwig <pdzwig@summaventures.com> (Re: [Leica] Yes, I am pathetic: more Epson R-D1 info)