Subject: Re: [Leica] RD-1 storage costs
From: "Joseph Codispoti" <joecodi@clearsightusa.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 12:26:49 -0800

From: "Dante Stella" <dante@umich.edu>
> 1gb Hitachi Microdrive $160
> 1gb Sandisk CF $250 (at equivalent write speed to microdrive)
> 1gb SD Card $ 380
> 4gb Hitachi Microdrive $280

If cost of film and processing is taking into consideration, it is easy to
think that digital photography is more economical than its conventional
grandfather.

Image cards and storage can be very expensive.

I solved that problem with an Image Tank. They come in many sizes and
varieties and with several features. I chose the 40GB iMAGE TANK G2 $260.

http://www.mydigitaldiscount.com/s.nl/c.ACCT139057/sc.2/category.34/.f;jsessionid=ac112b771f43a9b06c93c0e841808112b2f24a8aa7d1

Now I can carry three CF cards and empty them into the G2, which is equipped
with the same hard disk drive used in laptops.

Once at home, the images are transferred from the tank to the PC for
"processing".

These units are great also for holding music and other data.

Joe