Subject: [Leica] R 90mm Elmarit's.. Now: upgrade
From: feli at creocollective.com (Feli di Giorgio)
Date: Wed Apr 14 12:17:08 2004

On Wed, 2004-04-14 at 12:08, Douglas Herr wrote:

> As much as I like the 90mm Summicron-R - and I think it's a superb portrait lens
>  - if Eric wants sharp sharp sharp the non-APO 90 doesn't have the same
> mind-boggling detail-recording ability of the APO lenses, based on my
> experience with the 100 APO.
> Doug Herr

I agree with the Birdman of Sacramento. ;-)
I own the last pre ASPH 90 Cron-M and was able to shoot a few frames
with the new 90 ASPH-M at a Leica Day. The old lens isn't even in the
same ballpark with the new one. I've also rented the APO 100 and again
there is no comparison. Brutally sharp. But I do prefer the pre ASPH 90
Cron for portrait work. The ASPH and 100 APO show every pore, hair and
blemish there is and most subjects do not react kindly to seeing the
prints... 8-)

Feli

Replies: Reply from Jim at hemenway.com (Jim Hemenway) ([Leica] R 90mm Elmarit's.. Now: upgrade)
Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] R 90mm Elmarit's.. Now: upgrade)