Subject: [Leica] Re: starbucks
From: sam at osheaven.net (Sam)
Date: Sun Apr 18 08:58:37 2004

There is something odd about the passion of dislike for Starbucks. I
think much of it is comes from distorted tales and illogical protests
against the company by people who do no research before they protest.
About a year back there was a sit-in at a NYC Starbucks. I passed by and
read the placards but didn't understand what they referred to. I spoke
to the protesters and found out they didn't know what they were talking
about.

Apart from vague political reasons, some people dislike the fact that
Starbucks uses a darker roast than is most often used in the U.S. Can
too dark a roast be the reason for such passion?!? I don't know, but
there are some serious coffee drinker out there.

Sam S