Subject: [Leica] The Wall (Photography Forbidden)
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Mon Apr 19 20:09:10 2004

Peter Klein offered:
> Nowadays, many places take the George Orwell
> tack--"Anything not specifically permitted is forbidden"--and we forbid
> everything we can think of.<<<<<,

Hi Peter,
How true and it's a complete cop out by petty bureaucrats who know no
better, have absolutely no idea pictures can be taken without flash
peaceably and unobtrusively.

I've taken to asking the following if I receive an absolute "No!" I explain
politely, "No! isn't an acceptable answer!"  You should see the look on
their face sometimes as they don't expect the answer and most don't
immediately know what to say in retaliation. :-)  Followed by, " where can I
find the director, boss, manager, president or who runs the operation?"
Always calmly and politely with no threatening appearance nor tone to voice.

It doesn't always work, but then sometimes it does. I work on the basis of
"nothing ventured , nothing gained."  Besides it's not likely they'll shoot
you! ;-) However, don't bet the last bottle of single malt on it! ;-)

ted