Subject: [Leica] the Rose on/off switch
From: shino at panix.com (Rei Shinozuka)
Date: Wed Apr 21 11:16:57 2004

really, in the MP they just added the word "OFF" to the B setting that has
always done the same thing on the M6. if you have a camera bag where it is
possible for the button to be depressed when stored, or especially
where one may use a "softie" release you do need to be good about
doing that quick counter-clockside spin to "B" or "B/OFF".  I went
through a few sets until I made that standard practice.

the theoretical advantage of the Rose (I don't own one, but I've considered
it)  would be that you can turn the camera on and
off without disturbing exposure settings.

-rei

--
Rei Shinozuka shino@panix.com
Ridgewood, New Jersey