Subject: [Leica] The last word on Starbucks - a Project
From: s.jessurun95 at chello.nl (animal)
Date: Thu Apr 22 15:58:11 2004

| > Not for me I find it suprising how much you allow us to use
allready.
| > Thanks
| > simon j
|
| Disk space is less than US$1 per gigabyte. A gigabyte holds about ten
thousand photographs at typical online resolution.

| Space is simply not an issue. A 250 GB ATA/133 disk can be had for
under US$200. It will hold several million photographs.

| A decade ago disks were the biggest expense of running a server
computer. No longer true. Now it's labor (my time) and bandwidth (the
data circuits by which you access the server).

Excuse my ignorance but what is most time consuming?
The reason for asking is that I would like to setup a system like this
for a small group .
About 25 regular users and 100 incidentals tops.
Have not done any real programming since 8086(had to think hard to
remember)assembler days
and don,t know anything about Unix .Would it be feasible to make
something that works a bit in reasonable time say 2 months spare time or
would you recommend to outsource it?
Hope you didn,t mind the many questions.
a telyt try:
http://www.leica-gallery.net/apekop/image-43551.html
thanks for the explanation
simon jessurun