Subject: [Leica] Re:hey, we're having fun now.
From: Summicron1 at aol.com (Summicron1@aol.com)
Date: Mon Apr 26 18:54:15 2004

In a message dated 4/26/04 7:39:53 PM, lug-request@leica-users.org writes:

> Hm. Good point. The scoring thing just came with the software, so I turned
> it on. What do others think? Should I leave the scoring enabled, or turn it
> off?

hadn't look closely enough at it   yet to see that it was scoring, but i can
tell you that, in general, i find the whole idea of scoring other people's
work distasteful and competitive, which is anti-creative. At work they have a
monthly competition for the so-called "best" news story, but everyone knows a
chimp could win an award covering the properly selected presidential motorcade,
it doesn't reflect how hard it is to do a fairly mundane piece of work that
takes a lot of digging to produce.

so, i'd say, leave the scoring to people's personal minds.

c trentelman