Subject: [Leica] Normal lenses
From: oliverbryk at iqmail.net (Oliver)
Date: Mon May 3 05:45:16 2004

Robert wrote:
<snip>
The sliding hood drives me nuts, so a nice metal job is always sticking
out of the front.  The 70 cm close limit and fast rack are really big
for me.  The curved field means no landscape shooting.
<snip>
For quite some time the 50mm Summicron f/2 was my only lens. To my eyes it
has outstanding definition, contrast, and color fidelity. I use a B+W
collapsible hood; it is deeper than the sliding hood and works much better
with filters, especially the B+W polarizer. I carry the 50 as my
walking-around lens as often as the Summicron 35 f/2.
I have made many landscape photographs with the 50mm Summicron. I assume
that even if the lens had a measurable curvature of field it would not be
noticeable at typical landscape distances and f-stops.
Oliver Bryk