Subject: [Leica] Leica sighting in Chicago
From: mcintyre at ca.inter.net (Jim McIntyre)
Date: Tue May 4 19:07:30 2004

15 years ago I was in Toronto visiting family. I needed to pick up a few
rolls of film, so I headed to the local neighbourhood camera shop. I
happened to have my M3 with me. The young lad behind the counter took a look
at my camera, and asked in an almost awed voice "Is that a Leica?". He asked
if he could take a look at it.

I sincerely doubt that none but a select few "counter-kids" would even
recognize a Leica rangefinder let alone ask to look at it. If I had the
latest Sony ultra-minature digicam they might....