Subject: [Leica] Adam's PAW - wk 17
From: mcintyre at ca.inter.net (Jim McIntyre)
Date: Tue May 4 18:17:03 2004

Adam,

I don't know which I like better, but both are quite good. I love the night
stadium lighting. It has a sureal look to it. The first one is deceptive as
the light just above the mascot's head could be the sun. But the contrast
and shadowing is all wrong... I guess I'll go for the alternate because it
IMHO captures the fun of being a kid at the ball park. The young girl is
obviously enjoying not only the game, but the side attractions as well.
There's nothing like a warm summer night under the lights with the PA
announcers, popcorn vendors, mascots and lots of kids running up and down
the aisles. And of course the occasional baseball play...

As a non-american/japanese I too enjoy the AAA baseball. In fact, where I
live (Ottawa, Canada) we have our own AAA club that plays in the aptly names
International league. The stadium is "kitty-corner" to my office.  There's
nothing like the smaller stadiums with much cheaper tickets to get a taste
of big league baseball. I have tickets to next Thursday and Friday's games
and I'll see if I can match your talent in capturing the ambiance!

jm