Subject: [Leica] Kodak BW400CN
From: n.wajsman at chello.nl (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Fri May 7 23:00:38 2004

Matt,

I come late to this thread, but you can have my 0.02 EUR too. When the
C41 B&W films came out, I thought it would be great--just drop them off
in any drugstore, easy to scan etc. But after the initial novelty wore
off, I realized that I just was not getting the look I like from B&W,
and went back to traditional film. I shoot and scan quite a bit of Tri-X
these days, and I really do not find it a nightmare to scan. It
certainly has more grain than Fuji Acros or other slow films, but my
5-year old Nikon LS 2000 and Vuescan are coping with it quite well.

Now, it has to be said that I never use ICE (or whatever the name of the
function is for my scanner/software combo), not even with E6 films. I
prefer to keep the film clean and have as unadulterated a scan as
possible.

Nathan