Subject: [Leica] Kodak BW400CN
From: durling at cox.net (Mike Durling)
Date: Wed May 5 20:05:54 2004

You guys better stop knocking Tri-X or they are going to stop making it.
;>)

Seriously though it scans just fine.  Don't buy a new scanner either
unless you are already using Vuescan.  That software makes a world of
difference in the amount of shadow and highlight detail you get out of
your negatives.  I'll even go so far as to say if you don't like Vuescan
then don't complain about lousy scans!

Naturally you can't use Ice or any automatic dust removal stuff, so you
have to spot your scans yourself.  Small price to pay to get that
classic look.

Mike Durling