Subject: [Leica] May 8, 1945
From: kitmc at acmefoto.com (Kit McChesney)
Date: Sat May 8 12:36:24 2004

As users of Leica gear, we can also take heart in knowing that the Leitz
family did their part to help many persecuted people escape from Germany
prior and during the war. They hired many folks on as Leica representatives
and sent them outside the country so that they could escape. There is a
booklet on the subject written by Frank Dabba Smith, titled The Leica
Freedom Train, that chronicles that history.

Kit (kitmc@acmefoto.com)