Subject: [Leica] any LUGgers in Natchitoches
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Tue May 11 08:02:48 2004

At 01:31 PM 5/11/2004 +0200, you wrote:
> > states surprises most people.  I live almost two hours from the  Arkansas
> > Border, and as Tina will tell you, one can drive two hours south of
> New  Orleans and
> > still stay on land.
>
>I had no idea. But I suppose that I should have. If you can see a little
>squiggly piece of land south of New Orleans on a map of the US (really
>down to a small scale of course), then that little noodle of land is
>probably a pretty big stretch.

Well, I guess you could call it land ;-)  It's a stretch of very fertile
ground between the bayou and the Mississippi that floods with every
hurricane.  We lived in Buras but you can go even further south until the
land runs out in Venice - fondly referred to by the residents as "the
armpit of the earth".   But they have the best oysters and the best crabs
anywhere!  Our house was right next to the levee on the Mississippi and the
throbbing of the ships as they passed would shake the whole house.  It's a
different world.  I have some old photos I'll have to scan sometime.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
www.tinamanley.com

Replies: Reply from daniel.ridings at muspro.uio.no (Daniel Ridings) ([Leica] any LUGgers in Natchitoches)