Subject: [Leica] Scanning silver halide films - which one scans best? - OT
From: dorysrus at mindspring.com (Don Dory)
Date: Mon May 17 17:02:11 2004

Jeffery,
I have no problem scanning FP4, HP5,Delta 400, Agfa APX100, Fuji Neopan
400, Fuji Neopan 1600, Fuji Across, Ilford Pan F, Kodak Tri-X, or any
other film.

My B&W developer of choice is Xtol, usually at 1:3 but lately 1:2 for
Fuji Neopan 1600.  Generally, I use generic B&W on my Kodak 3600 which
does have look up tables for many films.

I used to use a Nikon scanner and using the dedicated software also did
not have any difficulties.  My belief is that you have to play with the
levels and curves in the pre-scan set up to arrive at your final image.

Trust the prescan and adjust until you see a result you like.  Oh, and
turn off any dust and scratch removal software because that for sure
will cause the soot and chalk treatment.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com