Subject: [Leica] Best guitar string for thief thwarting.
From: MCyclWritr at aol.com (MCyclWritr@aol.com)
Date: Wed May 19 07:28:40 2004

Aaron,

As long as it's folk music, the music of the people, out of tune is
fine--even preferable in achieving that been-doin'-some-hard-travelin',
dirt-poor-for-life credibility conceit.

Regarding "the aural equivalent of bokeh," a newly broken-in phosphor bronze
string is better than an old, dead string. And, if the guitar string is on a
strap connected to a pre-war (that'd be WWII) Martin D-28...well, we're talking
Noctilux-class bokeh from mere proximity. Owning a pre-war D-28 has the bonus
of putting you solidly in the high-buck guitar owner club, too. Not that such
status would matter to anyone on this list.

-Chris Lawson

aaron.sandler@duke.edu , a man whose quest for knowledge knows no boundaries,
writes:

Being totally non-musical I may be confused, but it seems to me that the
string would not be able to produce in-tune notes when woven into
straps.  If so, would this be the aural equivalent of bokeh, and are these
(presumably modern) strings really the best choice?

Just trying to improve my understanding.