Subject: [Leica] Best guitar string for thief thwarting.
From: MCyclWritr at aol.com (MCyclWritr@aol.com)
Date: Tue May 18 21:35:14 2004

It's a thread (or string) that I figured would resonate with a few people on
the list.

(If you had any idea how fierceIy I've avoided using the word "resonate" in
its trendy context--used in place of the elegant, direct, time-tested word
"appeal"--you'd know just how damn pleased I am to have just used in nearly the
proper context. It's still incorrect, but the pun-factor drove me to do it.
Guitar strings don't resonate; they vibrate and cause the body of the instrument
to resonate. At least, in my simple world, that's how it all works. So, maybe
I'm within six degrees of correct. After all, Kevin Bacon has heard sound
resonating from a guitar, right?)

--Chris Lawson

BD wrote:

>>Chris Lawson wrote:

>-I'd recommend a John Pearse medium gauge B-2nd (.017) silvered steel
for
daytime and weave in a couple dressier G-3rd (.026) bronze wound strings
for
evening. If I felt like making that ugly American statement, I'd go with
the extra
chubby E-6th (.056) bronze wounds.

Okay, it's new thread.<

-