Subject: [Leica] Burning a hole in the shutter
From: jimmy at rahul.net (Jimmy Patrick)
Date: Wed May 19 13:37:32 2004

Peter,

Not only have I heard of it, I've done it. It took all of about 15 seconds.

lens at 1.4 and infinity. I set it on the seat of my motorcycle for about
15 seconds while I was messing with my gloves or something.

Here's the photo i took when it happend. http://thedistillery.net/paw/28.jpg

So it's not a myth. and it can happen pretty quick.

I fixed the tiny hole with a bit of black rubber cementi-type stuff.