Subject: [Leica] More than 1 Ms?
From: abridge at dcn.org (Adam Bridge)
Date: Wed May 19 16:37:47 2004

On 5/19/04 <richard-lists@imagecraft.com (Richard F. Man)> thoughtfully wrote:

>OK, for the few remaining LUGers that are actually still using the M
>cameras :-), how many use more than 1 Ms consistently? If so, is it because
>you want to have more than 1 lens handy, or more than 1 type of film handy,
>or just generally want a backup?

I usually use two M's - one with a 35 and the other with either a 50 or 90. All
take the same size filters and are f/2 except the 90 which is f/2.8

One has a motor drive the other does not. Usually one has TMAX 100 and the other
TriX which I can choose to shoot anywhere from 400 to 1600.

Mostly I leave one in my bag when roaming because I've decided which lens/film
combination is going to work better for me in the given conditions.

This is a place where a digital M would save me a body - it's easy to change
lenses and they are small and easily fit in either a jacket pocket or a pouch
hanging from my belt. Changing film speed would be trivial.

Adam