Subject: [Leica] Another hungry bird
From: rzartarian at snet.net (Roy Zartarian)
Date: Wed May 19 16:55:10 2004

A chance look outside the kitchen window on the morning of November 2,
2003, spotted an immature Sharp-shinned Hawk in the oak tree in my back
yard.  It brought along most of what I think was a Song Sparrow.  It
stayed long enough for me to find the R8 and a roll of Provia, attach
the 280, mount the rig onto the monopod and get a couple of hasty shots
from the breezeway.  The bird flew as I moved outside for a better
angle probably because I was not properly camouflaged with my Tilley
hat.

The picture at  http://gallery.leica-users.org/birds01/sharpie002
admittedly has many shortcomings.  I don't care. For reasons other than
photographic, it's my favorite.

Roy