Subject: [Leica] Best Lenses To Take To Germany/Poland
From: grduprey at rockwellcollins.com (grduprey@rockwellcollins.com)
Date: Fri May 21 07:25:14 2004

Hi Nathan

Yes the 560 would really be out of place as most of what I plan on shooting
is allot like what you have shown us on your trips to Spain.  I probably do
need a wider angle lens than the 35 though, maybe I'll get one before we
leave.  I figure I will have the M with 35 and 50 lenses, and the R4 with
the 90 on it most of the time.  I find focussing the 35 on the R4 is much
harder than with the M, so the 35 R lens will stay back at the house most
of the time.  I'm actually thinking that even the 200 may stay back here
altogether to keep the 560 from getting lonely. ;-)  And you are right we
are staying with family and friends, which makes it really nice.

Gene

|---------+-------------------------------------------------------->
|         |           Nathan Wajsman <n.wajsman@chello.nl>         |
|         |           Sent by:                                     |
|         |           lug-bounces+grduprey=rockwellcollins.com@leic|
|         |           a-users.org                                  |
|         |                                                        |
|         |                                                        |
|         |           05/20/2004 10:48 PM                          |
|         |           Please respond to Leica Users Group          |
|         |                                                        |
|---------+-------------------------------------------------------->
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                         |
  |       To:       Leica Users Group <lug@leica-users.org>                                 |
  |       cc:                                                                               |
  |       Subject:  Re: [Leica] Best Lenses To Take To Germany/Poland                       |
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Hi Gene,

I would pass on the 560, simply because I cannot imagine what you would
photograph in Germany and Poland that requires this focal length. From
your other post, it sounds like you are taking an awful lot of kit, but
I know from previous correspondence that you are going to visit
family/friends, so you will have safe places to leave stuff you do not
want to carry around.

As for buying Leica during your trip, forget about it in Poland--it is
simply non-existent there. Oh yes, people know about it and will admire
your equipment, but the photo shops in Poland are poorly stocked and the
prices are high. The ones in Germany are much better in terms of
selection, but given that the dollar is only worth 80-85 Euro cents, you
are unlikely to find any real bargains, even with the VAT refund on
departure. So your wife can feel safe ;-)

Nathan

--
Nathan Wajsman
Almere, The Netherlands