Subject: [Leica] WAS: Best Lenses NOW: New securitywarning.
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Fri May 21 09:17:44 2004

Simon said:

> them for devices in small cameras.<<<<<<

Hi Simon,
Thank you for the heads up on the new search criteria for small cameras.
Maybe that explains why the TSA inspectors drove the shutter releases down
into my 2 M7 bodies trying to make them work or whatever the hell they were
trying to do. :-(

No I haven't heard anything more on the two M7 destructions by the TSA
inspectors.

One M7 is still waiting for innards to replace what was smashed inside the
camera body below the shutter release button. And I'm also waiting for the
service report on the damage which I must turn over to my lawyer for
verification before sending to the TSA head office. Where they'll make some
kind of assessment and get back to me.

My suggestion for those of you with M7's and flying ...... "MAKE SURE THE
SHUTTER RELEASE LOCK IS ..... OFF!" when you go though inspection,
particularly if you are not standing there watching them do their thing..

ted

Replies: Reply from kitmc at acmefoto.com (Kit McChesney) ([Leica] WAS: Best Lenses NOW: New securitywarning.)
Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] Best Lenses To Take To Honolulu)
Message from s.jessurun95 at chello.nl (animal) ([Leica] Best Lenses To Take To Honolulu)