Subject: [Leica] Epson digital, or what?
From: mail at gpsy.com (Karen Nakamura)
Date: Mon May 24 08:06:16 2004

I bought a Canon EOS 10D for work. It has excellent resolution -- in
tests against my M7/Summicrons the 10D was better than HP5 but not as
good as Provia 100F or Fuji Acros 100 scanned on my Nikon 4000ED.

But, and this is a big but, I don't enjoy my 10D.  First, it's very
very heavy and large. The lenses are huge. The body is enormous. It
hurts my wrists to use it all day. I can't hang it off my arm like I
like to do when street shooting.

Second, the viewfinder is terrible. After using the M7, it's like
looking into a deep dark tunnel. Granted, all SLRs are like this and
DSLRs are worse, but it's still not something I enjoy.

Third, I have to fuss with it. Part of it is getting used to it, but
the M7 is a model of simplicity. Point, focus, meter, shoot. There's
nothing to think about except the photo itself.

So I find myself using the M7 normally and the 10D only when I have to.

Karen

--
Karen Nakamura