Subject: [Leica] Summitar PAW
From: geebeephoto at fsmail.net (Graham Battison)
Date: Tue May 25 09:27:30 2004

Hi Aaron,
There is certainly nothing wrong with the in focus area, particularly in the shot of Sacha & Sophie. Vibrant in tone and not lacking in clarity. I'm not so sure either about the bokeh, has an almost mirror lens look to it. Kind of borderline donut :-)

--Graham

>From : "Aaron Sandler"

Hi Folks,

Last week I liberated from my bag the nice collapsing Summitar (50/2) that
my wife gave me last year, and ventured forth.

The bokeh of the Summitar is _very_ different from my other lenses...I
still haven't decided if I like it or not:

http://www.duke.edu/~ajs2/PAW/2004_21/index.html

Comments/criticism always welcome and usually accepted gracefully,
Aaron

--

Whatever you Wanadoo:
http://www.wanadoo.co.uk/time/