Subject: [Leica] This here fancy 50
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu May 27 07:20:04 2004

Sorry guys count me out on this one as someone who's been holding their
breathe for a $2500.00 new asph 50mm lens that wont make the picture any
better if you don't see it in the first place!  And for $2500 bucks why not
add a few dollars more and get a Noctilux and investing your money for a
better return?

The new one? Sharper? Crisper? And whatever other niceties come with it for
better out of focus backgrounds? Ooohh sexy! Warm and cuddly! Will it
produce better pictures? Nope! Certainly not, as it's only a new piece of
glass in a nice shiny mount!

Damn I suppose I just peed on the parade of 50mm breath holders for crispy
images and no better content. ;-)  Pity! ;-)

ted

Replies: Reply from aaron.sandler at duke.edu (Aaron Sandler) ([Leica] This here fancy 50)
Reply from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] This here fancy 50)
Reply from daniel.ridings at muspro.uio.no (Daniel Ridings) ([Leica] This here fancy 50)