Subject: [Leica] This here fancy 50
From: n.wajsman at chello.nl (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sat May 29 23:53:00 2004

Well put, B.D. I would love this lens as well, as I use my current 50
Summilux in fairly flare-prone and other difficult light situations. But
the 35mm is my most used focal length (and I have the Summilux ASPH), so
spending $2.5K on a better 50mm lens is definitely out. But who knows,
if there is a decent bonus next year, and if street prices are more
realistic than that (you can buy a new M7 in Amsterdam for 1850 EUR now,
vs. the list price of 2650, I think), and if I do not go crazy and buy
the digital back for my R8, then...

Nathan