Subject: [Leica] Re: LUG Digest, Vol 27, Issue 269
From: DrLarryIPresume at aol.com (DrLarryIPresume@aol.com)
Date: Tue Jun 1 11:21:11 2004

Like the author, I am a serious photographer who has ventured into digital,
but my spouse just does a little photography for fun. The versatility of the
Digital Regel is that it can do both. I do not feel insulted using it, although
I prefer the build quality of the EOS 3. But my wife would ot want to lug it
around, or have to learn the modes.  If I had a bunch of Nikon lenses, I owuld
look at ht eD70. I agree she should hold obth, first. I was going to buy the
original Digilux until I learned it is NOT for left eyed shooters (your nose is
smashed into the control dial). The other digital I would consier is the New
8mp Sony with the f2.0 Zeiss zoom lens. Ididn't like the viewfinder, but if
your wife used the G5, she might tolerate it (a projected image rather than
looking through the lens).
Good luck, people will probably fight over the G5 if you sell it. Larry

Replies: Reply from ericm at pobox.com (Eric) ([Leica] Re: LUG Digest, Vol 27, Issue 269)