Subject: [Leica] new 50/1.4 M lens
From: banacloj at mac.com (Juan Gea-Banacloche)
Date: Thu May 27 14:01:41 2004

I like Leica being Leica. I have only "classic" (i.e., '60s, now really
inexpensive) lenses, but I like the idea of a company that builds the
best "normal" lens ever, at an impossibly high cost, or the 90mm macro.
I don't know that they have a future (I have been hearing predictions
regarding Leica's demise for decades), but I certainly hope they will
stick around.

I have promised myself I will get one of the new lenses as a reward
when I take a truly satisfying picture with my current equipment. I am
nowhere near that, but it is nice to look forward to one of those...

Juan