Subject: [Leica] new 50/1.4 M lens
From: leicaman at sympatico.ca (Dan Cardish)
Date: Thu May 27 12:56:38 2004

There was a time when I jumped at the chance to buy a new Leica lens.  I
bought the 35/1.4 asphereic even though I had a perfectly good 35/1.4, and
I bought the 90 APO even though I had a perfectly good 90/2.8.  And there
was a time that, even though I have two perfectly good 50s (a 50 DR and an
older 50 Summilux) when I would do cartwheels in my attempt to get the
first sample of the new 50 to reach my local dealer.

But now I'm not the slightest bit tempted.   Probably because of the
emergence of digital.

Just my own thoughts.

dan c.

ps....welcome back Emanuel! Are there going to be any "Leica Days" at
Camdec this summer?

At 03:20 PM 27-05-04 -0400, Emanuel Lowi wrote:
>I agree that its price (lots) and the timing of its
>release (now) are difficulties. My own path towards
>justifying and affording one remains unclear.

[snip]

Replies: Reply from banacloj at mac.com (Juan Gea-Banacloche) ([Leica] new 50/1.4 M lens)
Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] new 50/1.4 M lens)
Reply from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] new 50/1.4 M lens)